Type 49C - Thermostats overmolded on heat tracing cables supplied by customer
This system allows to make a set comprising a power supply cord, a heating cable and an anti-freeze thermostat in a professional, waterproof and economical manner. Overmolding a disc thermostat on a heating cable allows to switch it on when the ambient temperature falls below a certain threshold, and to switch it off when the temperature rises.
Overmolding improves the mechanical strength of the assembly and provides a superior ingress protection to water.
Thanks to the special process developed in our laboratories, Polyamide 66 injection molding does not overheat the disc of the thermostat, avoiding in this way the set point temperature drift that this operation usually brings.
The production is carried out in the factory only, with the heating cable supplied by the customer.
It is compatible with all types of flat or round heating cables of the self-regulating parallel type or of constant power, or of the serial type with two conductors side by side. The cable may or may not include a metal braid and an outer jacket.
The plug is variable depending on the country of destination, the voltage, the intensity and the number of conductors.
A MOQ of 1000 pieces is required.
Material: Overmolding in flexible black polyamide. Excellent UV resistance.
Part sensitive to temperature: Stainless steel cup, not over molded to improve temperature measurement.
Ingress protection: IP67
Contact: Open by temperature rise.
- 10A Resistive, 250V AC, 100,000 cycles, or 16A Resistive, 250V AC, 30,000 cycles
Temperature calibration: Contact opens at 10±3°C and closes at 4±3°C. Contact us for other temperatures.
Power supply cord:
- For heating cables with metal braid: Three conductors, type H05VVF (PVC insulation), with European or US overmolded plug. Section depending on the power of the heating cable used.
- For heating cables without metal braid: Two conductors, type H05VVF (PVC insulation), with European or US overmolded plug without earth. Section depending on the power of the heating cable used.
Connection of heating cable: This device is over-molded on heating cable supplied by the customer only. The molding tools are then adapted to the dimensions of cables.
- Other thermostat set point calibration
- Blister or customer packaging
- Other style of plug (UK, Japan, Australia).
- Other type of cable insulation (Rubber, Rubber + PVC).
Find our products
We produce over 6 million components per year and manage over 10,000 codes
for finished products. View and download our catalogs to stay up-to-date!