Type R1X - Paddle flow switches, reed switch contact, external body.
General application in flow detection. Recommended mounting position is on horizontal pipes, but can be mounted in any position. For water flow detection on dia 15 to 100mm water pipes
Balanced magnetic pallet mounted perpendicular to the flow and activating a reed switch through the wall. The return of the pallet is by made by magnetic action, without spring. No seal or liquid can pass between the piping system and the electrical contact. Suitable for corrosive water pools and spas and salination chlorination and bromination systems.
Must not be used for water containing magnetic particles or high viscosity liquids, which block the movement of the pallet.
- By cleaving the paddle
- Fine adjustment by screw driver on internal dial (on models with connection box only)
Paddle shaft: Titanium, providing an outstanding corrosion resistance, and improved mechanical live. Suitable for corrosive water pools and spas and salination chlorination and bromination systems.
Main housing material: PPO, fiber glass reinforced for improved pressure resistance, usable with potable water.
Paddle: PPO, 12 mm width, can be cleaved into 4 sections numbered 1 to 4 for pipe diameter adjustment.
Pipe mounting: Fiber glass reinforced union nut, ¾" BSPP, mounting on ¾" BSPP male fitting with gasket.
Recommended Torque: 7±1Nm
Electrical rating: Max 1A, Max 70W, Max 250V, resistive load. Use on inductive circuits reduces electrical rating. We recommend to protect the reed switch with contact protection device when used in inductive loads
Electric contact type: Normally open, closes by flow rise
Liquids compatibility: For use with clean water and liquids without magnetic particles and without chemical incompatibility with PPO and titanium
Nominal pressure at 20°C: 1MPa (PN10)
Liquids temperature range: 5 to 100°C
Ambient temperature range: 5 to 80°C
Ingress protection: IP65
Calibration tolerances: +/-15% (on paddle operating force at end of paddle 1)
4 possible models:
- 2 × AWG24 (0.2mm²) cable, PVC insulation, T80°, style UL2464.
- Waterproof connection box with 2.5mm² connection block, M16×1.5 cable gland
- Waterproof connection box with EN17530-803-A (DIN43650-A) connector (MOQ apply for this model)
- Waterproof connection box with IEC947-5-2, M12×1, 4 terminals connector (MOQ apply for this model)
- Check carefully the paddle orientation: The arrow on housing must be exactly parallel to the pipe
- A 5 mm minimum gap must be respected between end of the paddle and tube wall opposite to the fitting.
- We recommend the use of nozzles of length less than or equal to 18mm between the gasket seat and the inside of the tube and with an inner diameter greater than or equal to 13.5 mm, to avoid blocking of the pallet
Accessories: ¾" male PVC saddles for DN40 to DN100 (OD) PVC pipes, and other fittings: see section 8 of catalogue N°6.
Options (MOQ apply): cable with connector or terminals, other cable length, nickel plated ¾" BSPP union nut.
Important notice: In the case of plastic pipes (PVC, PE), the DN (nominal diameter) corresponds to the outside diameter and wall thickness is variable depending on the application. This must be taken into account to avoid blocking the paddle. In the case of metal pipes, the inner diameter corresponds to the DN. Flow values data are for tubes whose internal diameter corresponds to DN.
Find our products
We produce over 6 million components per year and manage over 10,000 codes
for finished products. View and download our catalogs to stay up-to-date!